Wednesday, September 24, 2008

"I love you Beau" "I know"

Ever hear something and say "I should really write that down." I've had those moments in my life more often than not, and I'm sad to say that I've failed to follow through on many occasions.

After reading active blogs about friends near and far, I've decided that I need to start following through, if for nothing else, out of a fear that if I don't write it down I may forget. Although I pride myself on some attributes, I am horrified to say that my short term memory is non existent which makes me fear for my long term.

Hanging out with Beau this weekend gave me a new sense of urgency. Well that and my fleeting internet connection. Two thoughts come to mind- God after a year and a half babies get big...really big, and secondly, people who are new to the neighborhood quickly...very quickly, put a security code on their internet connection when they realize that the poor neighbor is mooching.

Alas...

"I love you Beau"
"I know"
"I know you know Bodi, but really, I love you"
"I know, I love"

From now on I hope to record similar conversations, as well as feature some of my favorite journal entries that never made the paper, and some that have, but have been hidden under my bed, and under my ego.

I'm ecstatic that my beautiful brother brought something equally wonderful into the world. I've never been so proud of him. His daughter loves. And knows it.

No comments: