Thursday, October 2, 2008

Trading Breakfast


Yes, it's true. There comes a time in every womans life where you just have to count calories, exercise, and not become a blob of useless cellulite as you enter your 30's.

Okay, well maybe I'm not entering my 30's, but in a few days I will be in my mid 20s. Yes, you heard right, I'm switching over to the next age bracket, letting go of my early 20's charm, and taking hold of the gripping reality that is 24.

I'm starting with my diet. Mostly inspired by the up and coming nuptials of two very dear friends, Lana and Luke. They're both gorgeous, naturally, however, recently Lana has been doing crazy amazing things with her body, and (not that she was anything but drop dead gorgeous before), has become this leggy, long brown haired, tall, super model-person that makes me feel a little uncomfortable and blushy. All to prepare for the wedding.

So I've decided, rather than looking at her wedding photos for the rest of our lives (because, no, I'm not going anywhere), I would rather get in shape and look my best for her big day.

The beginning-

Naturally, I think the beginning of my diet should start with the beginning of my day. Tongue twister huh? I did some thinking about what it is that I'm eating when I'm half asleep, and let me tell you, sleep-eating is NOT good for you.

My favorite morning time treat (because anyone that has to be at an office at 8AM deserves a morning time treat just for waking up...right?) is an egg and cheese sandwich. There's this little cafe at the top of my street that makes killer sandwiches, always with extra cheese. Then I warm up next to a piping cup of coffee, with half and half, and sugar. Scrumptulecent.

So math. Is NOT our friend. I was adding things up, and found out that my egg and cheese sandwich, on the conservative side, totals 340 calories, and my cup of coffee, 75 calories. Making my breakfast treat, a wapping 415 calories. Holy shit!

I would like to introduce you to my new breakfast treat. I found it while shopping at Whole Foods and let me tell you my former breakfast treat has met.its.match!

I bring you "Rachel's Yogurt in Exotic Kiwi, Passion Fruit, Lime." So delicious, so tangy, so perfectly creamy, and only 150 calories and 2.5 grams of fat. Paired with my cup o'joe, sans cream and suger, weighing in at 5 calories, brings me to a new morning total of 155 calories :)

Dear Rachel, I love you. And so does my ass.

No comments: