Tuesday, December 16, 2008

10 updates from the desk of eosmith

just a few because I feel like my blog has been seriously slacking:

1) I'm going to salt lake for christmas and have yet to buy anyone a Christmas present (horrible guest).

2) I snapped last night because the sweetie suggested we split a sandwich, obviously there are larger problems at hand with my diet.

3) They are filming a freaking BOLLYWOOD movie at Johnny Brendas. Go eat some oyster crackers, grab a newly released Philly Brewing Co. Philly Navadad (delicious, dark brew with a delightful, but not overpowering nutty chocolate flava') and soak up the tinsel and glam.

4) For the first year in the history of yours truly, my mother picked out a Christmas tree SOLO. Yes, this is from the woman who has been known to visit 8 different locations, in 8 different counties...yes, please pause and consider the gravity of 8 different counties not neighborhoods....to find the perfect 9'10" tree. Dear baby jesus, I love you.

5) Another first, I've bought my first personal, not family related, christmas tree. Weighing in at 10 pounds and 3.5 feet. The munchkin christmas tree has 100 lights, and 4 ornaments. Splendid.

6) I'm ready to admit to the world that I LOVE BRITTNEY SPEARS as evidenced by 1) me watching her MTV special and 2) constantly singing womanizer, womanizer, womanizer. Don't judge me, join me. you womanizer...

7) After replacing my battery 3 times and losing my antenna after nervous fidgeting, I've accepted that I need a new phone. I've also come to the conclusion that in order to get said new phone with my whopping available funds, I'm resigning a 2 year agreement with the devil....Verizon Wireless. Weep for my soul.

8) New Years plans are still up in the air. Devils Alley is having a shin dig, chock full o'open bar, DJ, champagne toast, and balloon drop. But get this, they're trying to CHARGE ME FOR A TICKET. Apparently blood, sweat and tears are no longer currency. Bastard economy.

9) Jimmy and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary as being badass, fabulous friends in the upcoming year. Amazing, blow out party details to come.

10) My recent transition from AmeriCorp VISTA to common citizen has drastically changed a few monetary area's of life that I fully support and concurrently loath. a) Pay increase was wonderful but b) my loan forbearance ended. c) acquiring Aenta health insurance is wonderful but d) now I pay for my prescriptions. Oh VISTA, how you managed to spoil me and give me a bi-monthly slap on the face at the same time. I'll miss you girl.


10 updates. My blog is slightly less lame.

No comments: