Wednesday, January 28, 2009

how did i forget?

I finally got a chance to go down to Virginia to visit Isabeau, those just tuning in, my beautiful niece. She's turning 2 on the 2nd of February. I'm not sure if anyone else has been around an almost-2-year-old lately, but they're a ton of fun.

She sings, she runs, she talks, she throws temper tantrums. The whole bit. And she's pretty great at all of it. Her newest song goes a little like this "la la la la, Elmo's world". Ten shades of fabulous.

Anyhow, while I was down there, Jakey tried to put her down for a much needed nap. Isabeau had different plans...

He took her back to try to convince her to lay down and sleep, only to have her (and him trailing behind her) reemerge from the back bedroom, tears streaming down her big rosy cheeks, bottom lip stuck out.

"You're not ready for bed?"
head shake, NO.
"
Then come here little girl!"


She ran across the room, climbed up on my lap, and fell asleep for an hour and a half.
Then I fell asleep too. Cause why not. I miss nap time.

Beau, I love you. Jakey, I love you for so many things, but especially for giving us something so wonderful.



(sorry the resolution is so poor, but I think you get the idea)

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I love that you had nap time together. The picture is beautiful! :)

Ellen said...

So precious. Love the pic.