Sunday, February 1, 2009

love me, love me

and i knew that you loved me a little bit less
when you ordered me a Telemore Dew
as if overnight Jameson was too rich for this Galloway girl.

and before i could make my voice stop
i began to sing to you
thinking that our voices would melt into notes on a bar.

love me, love me, love me, say you do

and now as i sit here and examine the lines around your eyes
i wonder if my voice fell flat
or if the song fell on deaf ears?

and i wonder how long ago i lost you
how long i've been sitting here singing
how long you've been sitting across from me waiting to say your goodbyes.

and before long my mouth grew chapped from the overworked air
as you told me that if i was truly a lady
i would leave you to your whiskey.

and i did
as I expected, you never ran after me
like a gentleman would.

and with that, goodbye.

for my love is like the wind, and wild is the wind


No comments: