Wednesday, February 4, 2009

that's enough outta you..

Gotta say, Tuesday, February 3rd was not a fun one. Not even close. I think I officially quit on the 3rd at 5:15. Too many awful events spread across too few hours.

So, lets talk about how great Wednesday, February 4th has been. (Aside from my house lacking heat. Oh oil heat. You're such a tease with your line-on-empty-gauge.)

Just a few things worth mentioning. Small, but wonderful.

1. My amaryllis is in bloom. It literally happened over night. There are 4 blooms at once. Which is kinda like a four leaf clover; doesn't happen very often, usually 2 at a time. So I'll accept my good luck charm and share with you. Stay tuned for more house plant news (my life is thrilling).

2. In the early...very early....morning hours of the 4th Jakey walked with me through the streets of Fishtown with the dogs. Through 8 inches of snow. It was beautiful, and peaceful. I love getting to snow before anyone else gets a chance to ruin it. I hate that by morning it turns black from SEPTA buses, and freezes on my windshield. Always good to walk aimlessly with my brother.

3. I went to Philly Brewing Company today and learned that they changed the Newbold recipe (shh, I didn't say a word). So stay tuned for new and improved brew. I was sent home with a 6 pack for market research. After gathering a panel, it sounds like vast improvements have been made.

4. After watching a musical with my roommate, I've since changed my opinion of the Beatles.


I would really love to buy one of those snazzy pocket sized digital camera's. Then I wouldn't have to use my phone. And I could show you how the pups look like Santa when they play in the snow....one day. One step at a time.

No comments: